GLBT Domestic Violence Attorney Program
- To Volunteer, Contact:
c/o Family Justice Center989 Commonwealth Ave.Boston, MA 02215Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 617-779-2130
- Fax: 617-779-2171
- Email: email@example.com
The GLBT Domestic Violence Attorney Program is supported by the Gay Men's Domestic Violence Project. We provide direct representation, advice, and referrals to survivors of domestic violence. Our program focuses on working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender victims across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Location of Volunteer Opportunity: Suffolk
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Public Benefits, Taxes, Alternative dispute resolution, Civil protection orders: Initial proceeding, Civil protection orders: Contempt/Enforcement, Criminal defense, Criminal justice, Elder abuse, Human trafficking, International law, Jurisdictional issues
- Populations Served: HIV, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender
- Projects For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Paralegals
- Need for non-English services: Chinese, French, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Signers for the deaf, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Does the organization provide malpractice insurance for volunteers? Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- Training / supervision comments: In certain cases, training is necessary. It will depend on the attorney's level of experience in the specific area of law. CLE Credits are not required for attorneys in Massachusetts. The training necessary wille depend on the case and the lawyer's experience in that area of law.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- CLE pro bono comments: Massachusetts does not count CLE credits.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Long distance opportunities: Conduct Research, Draft or Translate Legal Documents, Mentor Volunteer Lawyers
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes