Denver Bar Association Metro Volunteer Lawyers (MVL)
- To Volunteer, Contact:
Please visit: www.metrovolunteerlawyers.org
1905 Sherman Street, Suite 400Denver, CO 80203
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 303-830-8210
- Website: http://www.metrovolunteerlawyers.org
Metro Volunteer Lawyers ("MVL") is a program of the Denver Bar Association. MVL recruits and coordinates volunteer lawyers to perform free and low-cost legal services for poor and near-poor persons who live and work in Adams, Broomfield, Arapahoe, Denver, Elbert, Douglas, Jefferson, and Denver Colorado Counties. MVL is also co-sponsored by the Adams/Broomfield Bar Association, Arapahoe Bar Association, Douglas/Elbert Bar Association, and the 1st Judicial District Bar Association. Colorado Legal Services works closely with MVL and provides MVL's intake service.
- Location of Volunteer Opportunity: Denver
- Area of law: Civil
- Populations Served: Income-Eligible
- Projects For: Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Paralegals
- Need for non-English services: French, Spanish, Signers for the deaf
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Does the organization provide malpractice insurance for volunteers? Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / supervision comments: Some training is required. Some training is provided.
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- CLE pro bono comments: 5 billable hours equals one CLE credit. Limit for pro bono CLE credits is 9 per year.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Other Project Types: Please see our website for projects.
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No