Elimination of Bias: Understanding Diverse Cultures and Working with Diverse Lawyers and Clients
Monday, December 13
- By: MnCLE
- CLE Credit
MN CLE Conference CenterMinneapolis, MNMap: maps.google.com
- Website: minncle.org
- Source: Minnesota > ProJusticeMN.org
As Minnesota becomes increasingly diverse it is very likely that you are, or soon will be, working with lawyers and clients from other cultures. Attorneys representing the Asian, African, Latino, Native American and Muslim communities will:
Describe the unique features of their cultures;
Discuss the challenges that people from their communities face when working with lawyers;
Share practical advice for lawyers who are working with clients from those cultures, including cultural sensitivity considerations and communication tips.
The panel will also reflect on the results of diversity efforts in their firms and the effect that greater diversity among lawyers is having on our profession and our society.
- Heidi Drobnick; Swanson, Drobnick & Tousey, L.L.P.; Woodbury
- Alex Kim; Hamre, Schumann, Mueller & Larson, P.C.; Minneapolis
- Beatriz Menanteau; The Advocates for Human Rights; Minneapolis
- Muran Mohammad; Mohammad & Jaafar-Mohammad, LLC; Woodbury
- Ugo A. Ukabam; Gray Plant Mooty; Minneapolis
- Roy Ginsburg, moderator; Attorney at Law; Minnetonka
- CLE Credit Comments: Minnesota CLE is applying to the Minnesota State Board of CLE for 2.0 elimination of bias credits. The maximum number of credits attendees may claim for this course is 2.0 credits.
- Download this to your calendar