Welcome to The National Domestic Violence Pro Bono Directory
Made possible through the generosity of the Avon Foundation for Women
Please use our Domestic Violence Pro Bono Guide to find pro bono opportunities for you to help in the fight against domestic violence. From filing an order of protection, to doing research for advocacy, to providing legal help to immigrant victims of domestic violence, there are opportunities for everyone.
The Need For Pro Bono in Domestic Violence Cases
Studies show 23.6 percent of women and 11.5 percent of men reported at least one lifetime episode of intimate-partner violence. And importantly, research has shown that one of the key components in reducing domestic violence is ensuring that victims have access to civil legal services. Yet studies show that the collective civil legal aid effort is meeting only about 20% of the legal needs of low-income people.
Are You Looking to Volunteer?
Great! Simply follow the "Join this Area" link to the left and provide all of your pertinent information.
Once registered, you will have access to a wealth of helpful resources including:
Are You Looking for a Lawyer?
Lawyers are not listed on this site. We recommend that you try contacting some of these resources:
Learn more about:
- Free legal services for poor promoted in October (NM), Oct 2
- Attorney training to benefit victims of domestic violence (IN), Oct 2
- National Pro Bono Month creates access to justice (AL), Oct 1
- New courthouse cameras for security, not spying (NY), Sep 29
- NYC to Target Evictions in Bid to Curb Homelessness (NY), Sep 28
- View more