Pro Bono Net Staff to Present at 2011 Equal Justice Conference
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
- Organization: Pro Bono Net
- Source: National
Pro Bono Net staff will be presenting at multiple sessions at this year’s Equal Justice Conference May 18-21 in Las Vegas, discussing topics including online learning, social media, law firm collaborations and more.
Pro Bono Net will also host a networking session on May 19, and will have a booth in the exhibitor area. For more information or to RSVP for the networking session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equal Justice Conference brings together all components of the legal community to discuss equal justice issues as they relate to the delivery of legal services to the poor and low-income individuals in need of legal assistance. The emphasis of the Conference is on strengthening partnerships among the key players in the civil justice system.
Specific panels in which Pro Bono Net staff will take part are listed below. In addition, Matthew Burnett will be presenting about social media at the New Pro Bono Program Managers Nuts And Bolts Preconference and Allison McDermott will be discussing e-filing strategies at the Self-Represented Litigation Network pre-conference, both to be held Wednesday, May 18.
Click for the full conference agenda.
Thursday May 19
- Using Technology to Improve Compliance Outcomes for Limited English Proficient Litigant: Allison McDermott, 9:45 – 11:15 A.M.
- Pro Bono Net Network Meeting, 11:30 A.M. – 1:15 P.M.
- On-line Approaches to Forms and Clinics Involving Law Schools, Legal Aid, and Domestic Violence Communities: Allison McDermott, 1:30 – 3 P.M.
- Building Justice Networks Online: A Social Media Workshop: Matthew Burnett, 3:45 – 5:15 P.M.
Friday May 20
- Law Firm Collaborations to Develop Advocacy Resources: Nuts and Bolts of Successful Models: Liz Keith, 8:45 – 10:15 A.M.
- New Strategies for Improving Online Learning: Tony Lu and Matthew Burnett, 8:45 – 10:15 A.M.
- 50 Tech Tips 2011: Liz Keith and Travis August, 10:30 A.M. – Noon
- The Demise of the Digital Divide: Low-Income Communities, the Internet and Legal Help: Liz Keith, 2-3:30 P.M.
- Pro Bono 2.0: Pro Bono Partnerships Enabled by Technology: Matthew Burnett and Tony Lu, 3:45 – 5:15 P.M.