Nonprofit Issues for the Non-Nonprofit Attorney: Essential Federal Filing Obligations
Wednesday January 22
- By: American Bar Association
- Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Online - Webinar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
- Website: apps.americanbar.org
- Source: New York
This program will cover the issues relating to nonprofit tax-related federal filing obligations. The panel will review some of the major issues in preparing IRS Form 1023, the application for recognition of federal tax-exempt status, and IRS Form 990, the annual information return for tax-exempt organizations.
Register with the ABA.
- Cynthia R. Rowland (Moderator), Partner, Farella Braun Martel LLP, San Francisco, CA
- Stephen M. Clarke, Project Manager, Internal Revenue Service, TE/GE, Exempt Organizations, Washington, DC
- Lisa A. Runquist, Attorney at Law, Northridge, CA
- CLE Credit Comments: New York: This non-transitional CLE program is approved for experienced NY attorneys in accordance with the requirements of the New York State CLE Board for 1.5 New York CLE credits. Newly admitted attorneys may not earn New York credit for this non-transitional CLE program. Other: The ABA will seek 1.5 hours of general CLE credit in 60-minute states and 1.8 hours of CLE credit in 50-minute states. Credit hours granted are subject to each state’s approval and credit rounding rules.