Family Law: Children of LGBT Parents
Thursday, September 19
- By: D.C. Bar Family Law Section
- Time: 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
D.C. Superior Court500 Indiana Ave, NWClerk of the Court Conference Room, 2500Washington, DCMap: maps.google.com
D.C. Bar Sections Office(202) 626-3463
- Website: www.dcbar.org
Professor Nancy Polikoff will discuss the legal challenges Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) parents face in trying to protect the emotional and economic security of their children, especially given widely varying state statutes and court rulings. She will also address the significance of the recent Supreme Court ruling striking down a portion of the Defense of Marriage Act.
This brown bag program is sponsored by the D.C. Bar Family Law Section.
Remarks made during "Off the Record" programs may not be used for publication.
- Nancy D. Polikoff, Professor of Law, Amercian University Washington College of Law
- Tanya M. Jones Bosier, Co-Chair, Family Law Section & Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Attorney General for DC (Moderator)
CLE Credit: No
**This is a free event, registration is required. Please click here to register.
- Download this to your calendar