Diversity & Inclusion in Law Practice 2014
Thursday, February 20
- By: PLI
- Time: 1:45 PM - 5:15 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
PLI New York Center1177 Avenue of the Americas, entrance on 45th Street2nd FloorNew York City and Webinar, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Source: New York
Why You Should Attend
The challenges of creating an inclusive work environment remain great. At this year's Diversity and Inclusion program, a renowned faculty of practitioners, in-house counsel, diversity directors and related professionals will discuss recent legal developments that impact diversity, the current status of key diversity initiatives, recruiting practices, and the challenges and best practices for achieving a diverse workplace.
What You Will Learn
- The legal landscape: recent legal developments that impact diversity, including discussion of United States v. Windsor; Hollingsworth v. Perry; Fisher v. University of Texas; Shelby County v. Holder; Ligon v. City of New York
- Recruiting practices, from law school to lateral partners; post-Fisher, is anything different?
- The corporate perspective on diversity and inclusion; what are the expectations and requirements for outside counsel? Recruitment and pipeline issues post-Fisher; talent development: what can law firms and law departments do together?
Who Should Attend
This program will be of great interest to all attorneys concerned about issues of inclusion in the workplace, including partners and associates, in-house counsel, diversity directors, and attorneys working in government or at nonprofit organizations.
Register at PLI for free.
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 260-4PLI.
PLI Can Arrange Group Viewing to Your Firm
Contact the Groupcasts Department via email at email@example.com for more details.
All cancellations received 3 business days prior to the program will be refunded 100%. If you do not cancel within the allotted time period, payment is due in full. You may substitute another individual to attend the program at any time.
- CLE Credit Comments: 3.5 ethics credits