The Demise of DOMA: What Does It Mean?
Tuesday August 20 , 2013
- By: National Senior Citizens Law Center
- Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Time Zone: Central Time (US & Canada)
Webinar (Live)Map: maps.google.com
National Senior Citizens Law Center
- Website: www.nsclc.org
- Source: Oklahoma > Advocate Resource Center
The National Senior Citizens Law Center (NSCLC) presents a free webinar on issues confronting same sex couples in light of the Supreme Court's decision overturning the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
Gerald McIntyre, NSCLC Directing Attorney
Georgia Burke, NSCLC Directing Attorney
• Who is eligible for Social Security spousal and survivor benefits?
• Is it OK if I'm in a registered domestic partnership or civil union?
• Where do I have to live to be eligible?
• When should I apply for spousal or survivor benefits?
• How does Windsor affect the Medicare Part B premium and Part D low-income subsidy?
• What is the impact on Medicaid & SSI financial eligibility?
• What is the impact on Medicaid spousal impoverishment and estate recovery?