FOIA Requests—Searching for Transparency
Wednesday May 22
- By: AILA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place telephonically.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
Knowing what has transpired in a client's past is often the key to planning an appropriate immigration strategy. However, in today's world, obtaining what you need from the government, let alone within the time it is needed, can be a daunting task. This seminar is intended to help practitioners navigate the difficult FOIA highway. FOIA requests vs. Privacy Act requests --What's the difference?
- Filing with DHS --CBP, USCIS, and ICE Requests
- Filing with DOJ and DOL --EOIR and ETA-OFLC Requests
- When the Government Refuses to Disclose --Filing an Appeal for Withholding of Information
- Alternative Ways to Obtain Information --Immigration Court File Review
- Update on Litigation --Dent v. Holder, AIC-AILA vs. DHS, etc.
- Peter Markowitz, New York, NY
- Melissa Crow, AIC Legal Action Center Director, Washington, DC
Included with registration, participants in the live seminar will receive a free downloadable recording of the seminar. It will be available in participant's Agora Digital Library approximately 4-7 business days from the seminar date.
Registration & Pricing:
- AILA Member/International Associates: $129.00
- AILA Member's Paralegal: $129.00
- AILA Nonprofit Members: $129.00
- AILA Law Student Members: $129.00
- Nonmember Attorneys: $199.00
- Other Nonmembers: $199.00
- Nonprofit Nonmembers: $199.00
- Nonmember Law Students: $199.00
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 5/22/2013.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.