Preserving and Maintaining U.S. Permanent Residence
Thursday, March 21
- By: AILA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
In today's shrinking world, international travel is just as common as domestic travel and lawful permanent residents often find themselves defending their status at ports of entry. This panel will cover the steps which LPRs must take to maintain and preserve their status and will also address best practices for avoiding abandonment challenges and strategies for winning abandonment claims in immigration court.
- Maintaining and Documenting U.S. Domicile
- Recommendations for the Frequent Traveler
- Options for Returning to the United States After a Lengthy Stay Abroad
- Does an Approved N-470 Prevent a Finding of Abandonment?
- What to Do If Questioned by CBP?
- Defending Allegations of Abandonment in Immigration Court
- Affirmative Abandonment of LPR Status
- Howard Sam Myers III, Minneapolis, MN
- Lourdes Santos Tancinco, San Francisco, CA
- Jonathan Willmoth, Kansas City, MO
Registration & Pricing:
- AILA Members: $129
- Non-AILA Members: $199
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 3/20/13.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.
- Download this to your calendar