An Introductory Course on Wills and Advance Directives
Friday April 26 , 2013
- By: Archdiocesan Legal Network, Legal Counsel for the Elderly, Columbus Community Legal Services
- Time: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
D.C. Bar Conference Center1101 K Street, NWWashington , DCMap: maps.google.com
Shannon ReddD.C. Bar Pro Bono Programsredd@dcbar.org202-737-4700 ext 3293
- Website: www.dcbar.org
This course focuses on how wills and advance directives are to be properly drafted in the District of Columbia. Specific topics include:
• Wills: Drafting tips, interviewing techniques, and client capacity issues;
• Durable Power of Attorney: Uses, cautions, and drafting clauses;
• Healthcare Power of Attorney: D.C. Health Care Decisions Act, "extraordinary measures", life sustaining treatment, etc.; and
• Living Will: D.C. Natural Death Act and the statutory form.
This program is appropriate for attorneys and attorney/paralegal teams (paralegals must attend with an attorney).
To register for this training, please click here.