Protecting Identity and Encouraging Taxpayer Compliance - Can the IRS Do Both?
Thursday, October 25
- By: American Bar Association
- Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Teleconference, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
Pro Bono Week CLE Teleconference
This program will provide an overview of the Internal Revenue Service's current policy and approach to identity theft - employment-related and refund-related - and what that means for practitioners and taxpayers. The speakers are all experts in their fields and have many insights, but will be the first to tell you that there are still plenty of kinks that remain unresolved. The program will provide information that will be useful to all tax practitioners and immigration attorneys.
- Christopher J. Lee, Senior Attorney, IRS National Taxpayer Advocate Service, Washington, DC
- Francine J. Lipman, William S. Boyd Professor of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV
- Rosty Shiller, Attorney Advisor, IRS National Taxpayer Advocate Service, Washington, DC
- Robert W. Wunderle, Clinic Director, La Posada Tax Clinic, Twin Falls, ID
Click here to register.
- $10 Section of Taxation Members
- $20 All other ABA Members
- FREE LITC and Legal Aid Employees
- $10 Young Lawyers
- $10 Government / Academic / Other Non-Profits
- $40 All other registrants
- FREE Full-time J.D., LL.M., or M.T. Candidates (No CLE Credit)
- FREE Press
Can't make the live program? Fee includes an mp3 audio recording that is available within 48 hours following the program date.
1.5 hours of CLE credit in 60-minute states/1.8 hours of CLE credit in 50-minute states have been requested in states accrediting ABA teleconferences and live audio webcasts. Click here for more information.