Family Homelessness and Domestic Violence: A Solution-Based Conversation
Monday, October 07
- By: Women and the Law Program, Washington College of Law, Women's Law Association
- Time: 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
American University Washington College of Law4801 Massachusetts Ave, NWWashington, DCMap: maps.google.com
Angie McCarthyWomen and Law Program202-274-4494
- Website: www.wcl.american.edu
- Source: Dist. of Columbia
In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, please join us for a panel exploring the relationship between domestic violence and family homelessness in Washington, D.C. Experts in the field will highlight the barriers faced by survivors of domestic violence seeking safe housing, and also discuss potential solutions to the problems faced by survivors and their families. Panelists are advocates who are combatting domestic violence and family homelessness in DC by addressing survivors' basic needs shortly after they leave abusive relationships and lobbying to make District law and policy more amenable to homeless survivors and their families.
Registration is free but required. Please click here to register.
- Attachment(s): Domestic Violence and Famly Homlessness - Oct 7 2013.pdf
- Download this to your calendar