South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Program Hosts Legal Lessons Series
Thursday October 03
Thursday November 14 2013
- By: South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Program
- Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Midlands Technical College (Northeast Campus)151Powell RoadColumbia, SCMap: maps.google.com
South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Program803-799-6653 x158
Have legal issues you need help with? Considering pursuing a career in the legal field? The S.C. Bar Pro Bono Program can help! Register for Legal Lessons: A Series for the Public, a seven-week program designed to give the public an overview of the South Carolina legal system and insight into common legal problems people face.
The series will be held on Thursday evenings beginning Oct. 3 and continuing through Nov. 14 from 6 to 9 p.m. Classes will be held at Midlands Technical College (Northeast Campus) located at 151 Powell Road in Columbia.
The schedule is as follows:
• Oct. 3-Overview of state courts and alternative dispute resolution
• Oct. 10-Juvenile justice and overview of child protection hearings
• Oct. 17-Family law, real estate and landlord-tenant law
• Oc. 24-Wills, estates and probate, health care and elder law
• Oct. 31-S.C. workers' compensation and employment law
• Nov. 7-Bankruptcy law, consumer law and debt collection
• Nov. 14-Criminal law and torts
The deadline to enroll is Wednesday, Oct. 2. The cost of the seven-week course is $45, which covers course materials. To register, call 803-732-0432 or visit www.midlandstech.edu/cce/programs.htm and choose "Law." For all other questions, contact the S.C. Bar Pro Bono Program at 803-799-6653, ext. 158.