Walk a Mile in the Shoes of a Low-income Client
Thursday October 25 , 2012
- By: Volunteer Legal Services Project of Monroe County (NY), Monroe County Bar Association, Rochester Black Bar Association & the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
- Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Harter Secrest & Emery1600 Bausch & Lomb PlaceRochester, NYMap: maps.google.com
Linda KostinVolunteer Legal Services Project of Monroe County (NY)585-295-5703
- Website: www.vlsprochester.org
Walk a mile in the shoes of a Volunteer Legal Services Project client. You'll be surprised at what you'll learn about the struggles our clients face - and the choices you'd make if you, too, were living in poverty. Here's how to take your "walk":
1. Before October 25, go to www.playspent.org and play the poverty simulator game. See if you can survive a month on $1,000. It only takes 15 minutes to play this fast-paced and engaging game.
2. Record your thoughts on the experience.
3. On October 25 from noon to 1:00 p.m., attend an interactive panel discussion hosted by Harter Secrest & Emery, 1600 Bausch & Lomb Place. All attorneys who have played the poverty simulator game are welcome to attend. Lunch will be provided.