Tax Issues for Immigrants
Friday, March 14
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
The New York Immigration Coalition137-139 West 25th Street, 12th FloorLarge Conference RoomNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
This training is geared toward legal practitioners and other advocates who have a limited background in tax issues as they pertain to immigrants and immigration proceedings. The training will discuss general tax issues relevant to low-income taxpayers, specifically emphasizing issues that affect immigrants. Topics to be covered include general information on how the U.S. tax system works, individual taxpayer identification numbers (ITINs), worker misclassification issues, benefits to filing a tax return (including claiming dependents, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and other credits), tax liability and collection issues, and a general overview of IRS disclosure policies. This training will be conducted by Sam Rock, Esq.
Register at https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/376/personal2.asp?formid=Events&c=3655901.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE credit: 2 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys.
- Download this to your calendar