Current Developments in Federal Civil Practice 2014
Wednesday January 29 , 2014
- By: Practising Law Institute
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
PLI New York Center1177 Avenue of the Americas, entrance on 45th Street2nd FloorNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Leonard McKenziePractising Law Institute212-824-5826
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Source: New York
Why you should attend
Are you up-to-date on the important developments in federal civil practice and the implications of these developments for your cases? At Current Developments in Federal Civil Practice 2014, a distinguished faculty of trial lawyers and judges will review and offer their insights into significant recent developments in the law. The program will focus on applying these developments for best pretrial and trial practices.
What you will learn
- Recent decisions impacting federal civil practice and interpreting and applying the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and Federal Rules of Evidence
- New developments and best strategies in motion practice
- Evidence update: important recent decisions; electronic evidence; use of expert and lay opinion; hearsay exceptions; privileges
- Trial issues: use of Internet, email, and social media; use of experts, privilege developments
- The View from the Bench - insight from federal judges on what they consider to be effective practices in pretrial proceedings and at trial
- Ethics in federal civil practice
Who should attend
This program will be helpful to the new lawyer who needs to learn the federal rules and the experienced trial attorney who needs an update on the most recent federal issues and decisions.
Cost: $1595 *
*PLI Offers Scholarships
Full and partial scholarships are available for judges, judicial law clerks, law professors, law students, attorneys 65 or older, law librarians, attorneys who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys. Please apply early as space may be limited for this seminar.
This seminar will also be avilable via webcast.
PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE-NY Credits Credit Status: Approved Transitional: Yes Total Credits: 7.00 Ethics: 1.00 Professional Practice: 6.00 CLE-NJ Credits Credit Status: Approved Total Credits: 7.20 Ethics: 1.20 General: 6.00 PLI's live programs are approved in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please visit our website for additional State CLE information.
- Attachment(s): Scholarship_Application 2013.doc