Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation 2013
Monday, December 16
- By: PLI
- Time: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
PLI New York Center1177 Avenue of the Americas (entrance on 45th Street)2nd FloorNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.pli.edu
- Source: New York
Why You Should Attend
Using a lively, interactive format, Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation 2013 will examine everyday issues of ethics and professional responsibility in pro bono and public interest practice.
What You Will Learn
Using "all-new" hypotheticals as the basis of discussion, this program will review the ethical issues that arise in the context of pro bono representation concerning:
- The attorney-client relationship
- Who is the client?
- Client misconduct
- Confidentiality, conflicts of interest and privilege
- Dealing with pro se adversaries and other third parties
- Representing clients with diminished capacity
- Ethical issues faced by firm and in-house counsel undertaking pro bono activities
Who Should Attend
All attorneys working in nonprofit organizations and legal service organizations, as well as those involved in pro bono practice in law firms and corporate legal departments.
Registration: Free at PLI.
- CLE Credit Comments: NY: 2 Ethics