Representing an Immigration Client at a Bond Hearing
Tuesday September 24
- By: New York City Bar Association Immigration & Nationality Law Committee, City Bar Justice Center
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
New York City Bar Association42 West 44th StreetNew York City, NYMap: maps.google.com
The New York City Bar Association's Immigration & Nationality Law Committee and the City Bar Justice Center are pleased to announce a free CLE training for pro bono attorneys interested in representing clients in bond hearings. The City Bar CLE Center will provide free New York CLE credit to those who attend the session.
This CLE will provide a practical introduction to representing immigrants in bond proceedings in Immigration Court. The panel will include retired Immigration Judge Sarah Burr, Assistant Chief Counsel Timothy McGuire, and experienced immigration practitioners Marie Mark, Alina Das, Ruben Loyo and Mark Noferi. The training will cover:
- how to make an initial determination of bond eligibility
- how to contest findings of ineligibility
- an overview of the factors used in determining the amount the bond will be set at
- how to prepare a successful bond application
- appealing the bond determination
- payment of bond
Materials will be provided to supplement the panel discussions.
RSVP by September 23, 2013 to Barbara Camacho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CLE Credit Comments: The training is free.
- Attachment(s): Bond CLE Training Announcement Sept 2013.pdf