Family Law Day of Court Clinic Training
Friday, April 12
Friday, April 19
- By: Alameda County Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services Corporation, Superior Court of California, County of Alameda Self-Help Services
- Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
'The same training is offered in Hayward on 4/12 and in Oakland on 4/19. Attendance at only one is required. See reg form for details.70 Washington Street, Suite 200Oakland, CAMap: maps.google.com
Elizabeth HomAlameda County Bar Assn Volunteer Legal Services Corporation5103022216
- Website: www.acbanet.org
A majority of family law litigants do not have an attorney and cannot afford one, even though their cases often involve life-changing decisions about custody of their children. VLSC partners with the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda, Self-Help Services to hold the Family Law Day of Court clinics to assist self-represented family law litigants in Alameda County. At our weekly clinics, volunteers prepare Findings and Orders After Hearing so that the self-represented litigants leave the courtroom on the day of their hearing with signed, enforceable orders in hand. Volunteers also provide information and referrals, and assist with certain procedural issues such as service of process. Through these clinics, more than 1,000 pro per litigants are served each year in Alameda County.
This training will cover common legal issues faced by clients representing themselves in family law court, including preparing Findings and Orders After Hearing, Reissuance, Issues of Service, and Custody and Visitation. This training will prepare attorneys to volunteer at this clinic.
- CLE Credit Comments: There is no fee for the training but participants must commit to volunteering at the Family Law Day of Court Clinic at least six times in the next year.
- Attachment(s): DOC Family Law Training Registration Form 2013.pdf
- Download this to your calendar