The Basic CLARO Training Program
Monday, April 29
- By: Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Brooklyn Bar Association123 Remsen Street1st floorBrooklyn, NYMap: maps.google.com
Kate EvanciewBrooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc.718-624-3894
- Website: www.brooklynvlp.org
Topics include: Introduction to CLARO; Ethical Considerations; Client Interaction; Pre-Litigation & The Life of a Debt; The Court Process & Key Motions; Substantive Defenses; Negotiating a Settlement; Stipulations; Preparing the Pro Se Consumer Debt Defendant for Trial
This course is FREE to those who volunteer for six total hours with CLARO by October 31, 2013. The commitment may be different for the Civil Court programs.
Volunteers may serve one of the following consumer debt pro se assistance programs, all of which provide limited legal advice to unrepresented consumers: Bronx CLARO; Brooklyn CLARO; Manhattan CLARO (must be a NYCLA member or Fordham Law School alumnus/a); Queens CLARO; Staten Island CLARO; Westchester CLARO; The Civil Court Consumer Debt Lawyer for the Day Program; The Civil Court Help Center Consumer Debt Advice Program.
Please email requested information on attached form to Kate Evanciew at email@example.com or fax to the attention of Kate Evanciew at 718-624-3926.
- CLE Credit Comments: 3 MCLE CREDITS: 1.5 PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE, 1.5 SKILLS Appropriate for both newly admitted & experienced attorneys Experienced attorneys receive additional MCLE credit for each 6 hours of eligible pro bono service.
- Attachment(s): April 29 CLARO Training.pdf
- Download this to your calendar