Advanced Asylum training: Representing victims of transnational criminal organizations
Tuesday, April 29
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
New York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Jonathan VidalThe New York Immigration Coalition
- Website: www.thenyic.org
- Source: Immigration Advocates Network > IAN Nonprofit Resource Center
This training is designed for practitioners with experience representing Applicants for Asylum, Withholding of Removal, and CAT protection. It will focus on the unique issues that emerge when representing victims of transnational criminal organizations, such as defining nexus, establishing that the government is "unwilling or unable to protect" the applicant for Asylum, and establishing government acquiescence for purposes of protection under the Convention Against Torture where the torturer is a non-state actor. The training will be conducted by Heather Yvonne Axford, Esq., staff attorney at Central American Legal Assistance (CALA).
To Register, go to https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/376/mtglistproc.asp?formid=Events&caleventid=22956.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE credit: 2 credits in professional practice. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-transitional credit for experienced attorneys
- Download this to your calendar